Or: How to use 6 different data sources to create valuable and addressable customer segments for our customer?
The online advertising business happens in real-time. From selecting customers, picking a suitable advertisement, buying the advertising space up to delivering the advertisement to the customer's desktop, tablet, or mobile screen.
Together with one of our customers, we aimed to increase advertising effectiveness by building various customer segments that could then be addressed with special advertisements. An example one could think of might be: Middle-aged man, wife and 2 kids, high income, interested in buying a new car.
- Perform valuable and addressable customer segmentation from available data.
- Address the customer segments with individually suitable advertising content.
- Measure and evaluate the performance of those segments.
We used several different data sources to create our data sets:
- Market data from our client
- Werbekontaktdaten vom Servicepartner
- Demografische Daten vom Servicepartner
- Geografische Daten aus externen Quellen
- Vermögensdaten aus externen Quellen
- Werbeleistungsdaten vom Servicepartner
We combined the above-described data sources to create a powerful database. Subsequently, we started to build customer segments which fitted predefined business considerations. Our segmentation results were then handed over to our advertising service partner and addressed with suiting content. The performance data of those segments, in terms of advertising effectiveness, was then given back to us and analysed. Our analysis gained insight as to which segments should be updated respectively.
Read more about our Data Science Services.
Tools & Languages
We used different tools and languages working on the above described tasks:
By building, applying, and measuring customer segments and their performance, we can gain valuable insights. Due to tailored advertisements, we can increase advertising effectiveness and decrease the overall advertising costs.
Feel free to contact us in case you want to learn more about possible business-case applications for your company.